Relax in cooling, gentle flowing waters of the South Platte River on a hot Colorado summer day! A hidden gem, just minutes from Denver, is South Platte River Tubing. A lazy river float is the perfect summer weekday escape from the daily grind or weekend activity for adults and children ages 5 and up. Trade that cubicle in for a tubicle! Reserve your spots today with Adventure West River Tube Rentals.
South Platte River Tubing- The Float
Gather your friends, family, or colleagues for some lazy river tubing fun. This stretch of river winds through 2 ½ miles of natural habitat, including Carsen Nature Center. It is primarily flat water with one small to medium sized kayak chute (rapid) about half-way through the float. Native Colorado wildflowers and plants, as well as a variety of wildlife, are often spotted on the South Platte River tubing experience. The source of the South Platte is fresh water flowing down from the South Park grassland basin through multiple reservoirs. The put-in for tubing is located just after the Chatfield Dam, which is helpful as the dam moderates the river flow rate. The float concludes just out back of Breckenridge Brewery in Littleton.
South Platte River Tubing- Adventure West’s Shuttle Package
Adventure West’s South Platte River Tubing includes:
- Free parking at Breckenridge Brewery
- Shuttle service to the put-in area for tubing
- Commercial grade river tube (kid-sized tubes available)
- Life jacket
- Tubing tips talk
Drive or catch a ride to Adventure West’s South Platte River tubing at Breckenridge Brewery in Littleton. The tube stand is located right in the front parking lot visible from Santa Fe Drive. Plentiful free parking is available right near the stand. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff will get you checked-in, help select the right tube and life jacket for you, and give the “tubing tips talk”. The Adventure West “tubing tips talk” includes basic tubing safety information as well as detailed directions for South Platte River tubing, including successful navigation of the one small chute (rapid) and a clear explanation of where to exit the river at the end of the float. A portion of every tube rental goes back to support South Suburban Parks as we have a partnership with them.
The shuttle van briefly tours the take-out area, so that guests know how to get back to the check-in and tube parking area at the conclusion of the float. At the put-in for South Platte River tubing, river tubes are distributed and guests are escorted to the nature path leading down to the river where you hop on your tube and commence your journey through the nature preserve.
South Platte River Tubing- Planning Your Trip:
- Reservations are required for tube rental/shuttle package.
- The tube shuttle is only for customers purchasing the tube rental and shuttle package.
- Book early– this is a popular excursion!
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your reservation for South Platte River tubing and check-in at the Adventure West tube trailer off Brewery Lane. The tube shuttle leaves promptly at the booking time.
- Participants must be able to swim.
- All minors (17 years and younger) must be accompanied by a parent or guardian to co-sign liability waiver.
- Please no infants or children under 4. All children should be able to swim in a lifejacket.
- Shoes required– we have high quality surf booties for rent for just $5.
- Wear your bathing suit and sunscreen. Adventure West has tubing gear available for purchase for reasonable prices. See FAQ for complete list.
River flow rate changes throughout the season as the S. Platte is dam-controlled. Most of the summer season, this is a great float for adults and children (4 and older who can swim in a life jacket).
- No alcohol allowed on the river per park rules, BUT, GREAT NEWS! Your float concludes right at the Breckenridge Brewery where you can enjoy great food and beverages!
- For the local weather forecast, please check Littleton weather. Plan accordingly as trips run rain or shine.
South Platte River Tubing- Here’s What People are Saying
Great experience all around! Beth was super helpful with ever-changing requirements during booking, check-in was friendly and easy, and Wyatt was great explaining the ins-and-outs of what to expect. Highly recommend for groups large and small!
Great experience. Nice hosts. Decent value. Will do again so what else is there to say!
I’ve now gone in Littleton and Golden and both were so fun for different reasons!!! They’re super organized at both locations and get you on the river pretty quickly while still letting you know about safety, takeouts, etc. All the staff were so sweet. Bonus that they showed pictures of everything to expect in Littleton before you get in the water so you know what the takeout signs or small optional rapids will look like. Like others said, it’s worth it to go with them for the shuttle and avoiding the hassle of “traffic” and parking. This one was very tame and peaceful. Bring sunscreen.